Tips For Using A Home Dental PolisherMouth health is important. Before beginning a home oral polishing session, be willing to set aside 15-20 minutes in front of a mirror with great lighting to assure an an optimal clean and polish experience.
Choose Your Plaque-Attack WeaponCheck out our tooth polisher review page to find the right dental polishing tool for your needs and budget. We recommend one of the three following products usually in-stock at Amazon: Momi Polisher | Violife Dazzle Polisher | Polish'D Polisher
Step-By-Step In Home Tooth Polishing Tips- Brush your teeth for a minimum of 2 minutes as recommended.
- Floss between every tooth top to bottom.
- If you own a sonic calculus remover or interdental brush, use it first.
- Rinse, then dry your mouth completely prior to polishing.
- Use the battery powered tooth polisher with the gritty polishing paste.
- Let the tool do the work and polish gently without excessive pressure.
- Spit when needed to stay on the dry side.
- Apply more polishing paste to the rubber cup or tip periodically.
- The back and inside areas of your dental arch deserve equal attention.
- Examine carefully as you go for persistent stains or remaining build-up.
- To eliminate any polishing paste grit left between teeth, floss again.
- A 3% Hydrogen Peroxide gargle and rinse will disinfect.
- A home-whitening process is best done immediately after polishing.
Tips For Keeping A White Refined Smiles- Arrange regular dentist office cleanings and exams to maintain your general oral health. and to get rid of food and tobacco stain accumulation.
- In order to avoid future staining, smokers should really try to quit. eCigs are less likely to stain.
- Keep in mind, consuming coffee, tea or soft drinks may increase the chance of staining.
- Prevent cavities by reducing sweets and sugars, or at the very least, brush right after consuming them.
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes a minimum of two times a day with whitening toothpaste to preserve your whitened teeth.
- Explore various brand names of toothpastes. Dollar store can let you sample various brands cheaply.
- Toothpastes with Peroxide or Triclosan provide added whitening and disinfectant qualities.
- Smoker's tooth pastes tend to have a grittier texture to tackle soft accumulation of plaque.
- For sensitive teeth, 5% Potassium Nitrate toothpastes can seal the pores in teeth and make them less cranky.
Home Whitening Tips After A PolishingAfter an extensive Do It Yourself dental polishing in the house, you might want to follow up with an in-home bleaching procedure.
A battery powered tooth polisher can help you keep outstanding oral health to optimize the longevity of any expert or house whitening treatment.
You may want to consult your dentist and ask which method of home teeth lightening will be best for you.
People with sophisticated peridontal and gum illness or worn enamel must be mindful when using at-home teeth whitening products with high levels of carbamide perioxide.
After a tooth bleaching session, one may experience extra level of sensitivity to cold or heat, but it will ease after a couple of days.
Teeth are permeable, living 'rocks' and the pores in your enamel will be softened and exposed after bleaching. It can take a few days to remineralize and seal the pores again.
Whitening tooth pastes normally affect only slight surface stains since they don't have high amounts of bleaching agents.
Whitening strips and bleaching gels really only work on natural teeth. The color shade of crowns, veneers and composite fillings are matched to your oown natural colors and won't be impacted much by lightening procedures.
Unlike the professional teeth whitening procedures carried out by a dentist that may lighten your teeth a half-dozen shades, over-the-counter in-home whitening processes might improve your teeth up to 3 shades, depending on the degree of the tooth's staining. Consider porcelain veneers on specific tarnished teeth if your teeth are too dark and you experience much discomfort during treatments.
Because teeth are rather translucent in nature, think about changing dark metal fillings with resin composites to improve their color. Though dental insurers may consider resin replacement 'Cosmetic' rather than an essential oral treatment, replacing dark fillings in teeth near the front of your mouth with natural colored resin fillings can enhance the overall appeal of your smile significantly. If you require a new filling, consider requesting resin over metal.
Tags: how to polish your teeth, how to polish teeth at home, polish your own teeth, clean tobacco stained teeth, remove tooth stains